Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yesterday and Today

YESTERDAY: went 14 stops and two transfers on the tube to get to the IKEA in Edmonton. It was fairly far, but well worth it. Mel basically went to town and got everything that she could possibly need for the next three months. I got a new duvet/duvet cover because my bed is beyond uncomfortable so what I'm going to do is sleep on the duvet that come on the bed and use my new one as a blanket. I did it last night for the first time and it was far more comfortable so I'm happy.

Oh, quick update on my eyes. Two days ago, I had that doctor's appointment on Kensington High and he told me I had some sort of viral thing in my eye so I have these new eyedrops that I have to take every two hours for the next 48 hours. Oh and it has to be refrigerated. Talk about impractical. Anyway, I have a follow up on Monday to see how I'm doing. If it hasn't helped, I'm being referred to like an optic surgeon or something. Hopefully, it won't come to that. I just want to get my lasik now instead of later.

Moving on!

After IKEA, we got back, went to the gym and I ran a few miles before heading to Whole Foods to get a loaf of bread. I was waiting for Mel who was still back at the gym and it was a really nice night out so I decided to plop down on the side of the street and just hang out. A homeless man came up and basically tried to befriend me so I moved. I was singing when Mel finally walked up and found me. We all made a nice asian noodle stir fry dish for dinner and then Rebs and Mel came to hang out with my roomies and I in our room for a bit before going to bed.

TODAY: First day of classes. At 9am, we had Media in Britain, where I'll learn about British magazines, TV, etc. We have a scheduled field trip to BBC Studios (where my prof used to work). That should be really fun! After that class, we signed up for the trip to Stonehenge and Bath in southwest England. Can't wait for that one either! I had about an hour lunch break before my second class, British Life and Cultures. In this class, we have field trips to London's East End, Parliament, various restaurants, Shakespeare's Globe theater, and museums. This class will be awesome! Since the class is 3 hours long, and the subject matter is about British culture, what better way to spend our 20 minute break in the middle of class than at the pub across the street! We had a quick pint and then back to class. Cheers!

Going to the gym now for my first yoga class. The classes are free so why not try them all, no? We are going out for Indian food tonight too. Should be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment