Sunday, September 6, 2009

Getting My Ass Kicked

This morning I woke up and walked to Boots to see if I could find myself an eye drop for redness because my awesome contact irritation thing is back. There was nothing but like eye "brighteners" and things like that. I've noticed that the British fascination with eye brightening products is like ours with teeth whitening. There was a huge section of the pharmacy of things to make your eyes "sparkle". Anyway, I was unsuccessful and the guy told me to see a doctor. Of course I'm all the way over here and I'm having a medical issue already. Ugh. Later in the day, I walked into an eye care place on Kensington High and made an appointment for tomorrow morning so I'm looking forward to that. I can't do 4 months with these glasses!

At noon, our class at the gym began. Mel and I were basically the only people in the class so it was pretty intimidating to have this British instructor on top of us for an entire hour. He really worked us though, I was exhausted after the class was over. It felt good though, its been a while since I was at the gym, so it'll be nice to get back into shape. After the gym, we walked to Mark and Spencer's for lunch and I had a really great salmon and cucumber sandwich on whole wheat bread and a tub of blueberries. I got a pair of trainers for the gym and a really cheap backpack to hold my books for class, and then I went back to Metrogate. After I showered I turned on the TV (we only get 4 channels here. Anyone who knows me knows that I am dying) I've never watched it in my life, but that ABC show Ugly Betty was on. I was so happy to just watch American television, it was great!

I'm now just in the basement of our building in the PC lab trying to kill some time. I have no plans for tonight and I don't want to go out-out, but I do want to leave the building. I hate the nights here, I still get really sad. They say that absence makes the heart grow stronger, right? I just try to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment