Saturday, November 21, 2009

Familiar Faces in Familiar Places


Last night was epic! After a long stressful week ending with three days of work, it was finally time for Jeff to unwind. I met Lauren's best friend Molly from back in Chicago (who was also here studying in London) so needless to say, we had aLOT to talk about!! She said that she had not had good mexican food yet so I took her to Chiquito, our fav tex mex place right here in London. It was about my 5th time there, but they make really really good margaritas so not going was not an option. Molly and I got there, waited a bit for a table at the bar and then finally sat down in the window on the second floor overlooking Leicester Sq. It was really interesting to see at night with impromptu street performances and things of that nature going on all over the square. We split a pitcher, ordered our food, and laughed our way through a HIGHlarious dinner. I love that girl haha! After Chiquito, we met up with my friends at O'neills and thankfully didn't have to pay the cover charge. It pays to be a regular. We walked up to the bar, met my friends and Molly orders a pint of Guinness. (If you read my post about my trip to Dublin, you know how I feel about Guinness). So this girl gets her pint, turns the glass upside down, the drink disappears down her throat and she turns to me and goes "What? I'm Irish". I think I died a little at that point. At one point, Molly left to go change and get her flat-mates to bring them back to the bar, but they eventually came back. Rebs and Woods were there at that point so it was a party. We all migrated up to the top floor where the live band was playing and so we enjoyed their music for a while. Around 1am I decided to head back to Kensington, so while exiting the bar, I run into Jill Horn standing outside. She hadn't even gone in yet and she was ready to leave so the two of us rode the bus back to Queen's Gate. Awesome night, let's do it again.

I woke up this morning to a video message from my Little saying that AKPsi's Honor Court was happening last night so by the time I got it, they were all being initiated. I can't believe how fast this semester went by not being there. I remember when I was pledging, it felt like forever and here they were last night becoming Brothers. Weird!

Today I am going to the Oxford Street Christmas Market which the city set up for the holiday season in the center of Oxford Street with just rows and rows of vendors and food, and crafts. A Laura Mindell dream.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment