Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here Comes The Sun...

I can see it. Just beyond the horizon line... but standing in between me and my metaphorical happiness is the next two days of stress. Well actually its just tomorrow, but for a dramatic flair I threw in Thursday as well.

Tomorrow is FINALLY my interview at Elemental Design!!! I am beyond excited about it and I can't wait to have a kick ass interview and eventual internship after I get back from Paris and Barcelona next weekend. I have sifted through all their archived case studies of window and store installations that they have done, the parties and events they have thrown, and I basically know what they expect of me at this point. I'm looking forward to having some responsibility within the company and going on a lot of site visits to the luxury stores that they work with. It is only about a month and a half, but I am so so excited. Who interns in London? so cool. After my 2pm interview, I have my class at 5pm where I have to give a presentation on the history of the Royal National Theater (which I visited last week and referenced in my last post). Since I was able to see the place first hand, it made the preparation for tomorrow's speech a lot easier.

This past weekend was basically parents visit weekend here in Kensington. I can count six friends of mine who's parents came to visit this weekend. Needless to say, those of us who did not have visitors saw a lot of each other. I'm not complaining though, Emily and Brian are good cooks. I mean I literally thought I would be dumpster diving without Mel for five nights, if we are being honest. I really need to learn how to cook for myself. I just am way too lazy and don't care enough.

The big event this past weekend that I can share with you all is that Emily Beyer turned 21! It was actually the first time that a friend of mine has turned 21 and I was there to celebrate. I have to say, it was odd that she was the one turning 21 and I was buying her the "first drink" ...at age 20. That's Europe for you. She can celebrate for real when we get back to DC. Anyway, about 10 of us went out for a fancy dinner and then to a few bars afterward to celebrate. Here are two pictures from the dinner table that night. Emily is in the pink sparkly hat (compliments of Paige).



Great food, great company, overall a great night. Emily got nice and drunk (as she should have!) and we took the bus home around 2am. Unfortunately for her, she had the interview for her internship placement the following afternoon, but was spot on and I hear did a great job! I am basically the last of my friends to still have an interview, but I was also the last to find out about my company as well sooo...

After tomorrow night, I will be a little less stressed and then only have one more day until Kelly arrives on Friday night!!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment