Sunday, October 4, 2009

From Queen's Gate Terrace to Avenue Q

Yesterday afternoon, we ventured over to Leicester Square to hit up the TKTS booth to find tickets to last night's production of some show. I was really sick of the mandatory bad shows that I was seeing with our theater class so this was going to be a nice treat. We ended up seeing AveQ because Mel and Rebs both hadn't seen it and I had no problem seeing it for a third time. After seeing it twice in NYC over the past three years, I still found it hysterical and didn't mind sitting through it again. Luckily for me, they changed it up a bit for the London version so there was some new material. At intermission, I put my coat back on that was balled up in my lap during the show, forgetting that i had stuffed my scarf in my sleeve and it fell out at some point between me leaving my seat and me realizing I lost the thing at the end of the intermission. After the show was over, I went to the lobby and some kind soul had returned it. We didn't know it at the time, but during the bows the cast took time out to acknowledge that after a six year stint as the female lead in the show, Julie Atherton was saying goodnight for the final time and it just happened to be our show! That was pretty cool and she received flowers and got a standing o and all that good stuff. After the show was over, we were walking to our favorite bar O'neills which was around the corner from the theater and we past the stage door just when Julie was exiting to a swarm of fans and paps. I got a quick photo with her (even though I still have no clue who she is besides her name). For all I know, she's huge in the UK...

So we end up at O'neills and the bouncer at the door told us it was an £8 cover charge to which I responded "We are here every Tuesday night, fuck this" and proceeded to walk away when he realized we were loyal customers to the bar and said "You know what? Just go on in. Have fun" AND WE DID! I had a pounding migraine by the end of the night from before and there was no excedrin in sight. Fried rice from the chinese restaurant next door would have to suffice. We got back to the dorms around 2:30am after trying to find a taxi for no less than an hour along Regent Street. I ate my rice and went to bed (still with that migraine). Three hours later, I woke up and I thought my brain was going to explode out the left side of my skull it was pounding that hard. I made my way to the bathroom and ended up getting sick for a while because of it. Pleasant end to my night, I know. I popped an advil I found in our medicine cabinet over the sink and crawled back into bed and woke up around 11am this morning perfectly fine. I need to get professional help about my migraines. Its getting to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment